Friday, February 13, 2009

Ode to a Fleet of foxes.

These two ladies sing so surprisingly well. This is a cover of Fleet Foxes' Tiger Mountain Peasant Song and when I stumbled upon this, I smiled and my imagination took off. I see myself singing in the woods in a hardhat and a white shirt when I go tree planting, hair a muck, top bun, wild bangs, strong back through a haggard shirt, strong arms, and stronger legs wishing desperately for a bicycle. We have been warned well of the nine hour day workload that looms in the elements, in the air, in the snow, in the rain, in the wind, in the woods and I am going to sing in between shovelfuls. I will probably cry between shovelfuls as well, but I will sing.

Nature, starring Madge.

Yesterday at work, I sang Maroon 5 for the entire day. Eight hours straight of Maroon 5, my poor coworkers. I will spare you of it, but in the meantime, watch these two ladies sing their pants off in the forest. The acoustics are good, very good. Oh, also as I previously wrote to Rebecca this morning, for the first time in seven years I can now lick the backs of my bottom teeth! They took off my permanent retainer at the dentist today. I feel like a new woman. I am off to drink copious amounts of espresso with Sula at Bar Italia.

God bless Fridays, Megsie.

2 comments:

  1. It may have been the four 32oz Coors I had or the majestic beauty of "the Gorge", But I fell asleep twice to this song while watching Fleet Foxes perform @ Sasquatch last year. They played an encore performance (meaning a second mainstage set) because "The National" got held up at the CND/US boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a permanent retainer too!

    -lbird

    ReplyDelete