Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Erin and Derek's Nuptial Bliss.

My sister got married on August 21, 2010. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception held on my parent's gorgeous 4 acre yard with a cranky old river running through the very back of the property. My camera was not meant to be that night (much to my chagrin) but it was nary an issue with a HOUSEFUL of talented local photographers, mostly friends of the couple. Erin and Derek chose Kyle Thomas and Nils Vik to shoot the likes of their wedding. They are amazing at what they see and how they shoot it. Here are some photos from their wedding work (which is just the tip of the iceberg with these men). Click on the photos to make them bigger.

As for the wedding, it was the best wedding of my life. It felt like so many things all at once in the most relaxing and enjoyable way (a circus, a ceremony, an art show, and a ball; it was all of those things and more). After drinking a cool million of Cal's now famous rum sangria, I managed to ride a bike through the dancing crowd, run the shortest marathon behind Scott McLaren who took over Auntie Marj's superstar-of-the-night-weird-little-bike and took off through the TENT! It was a wild wonderful night. I ripped my dress, Mike ripped is pants, Cal probably ripped it. It was a ripper of a NIGHT! What a beautiful couple these two, Erin and Derek! I love you both, my family.

The first photo you see is the truest photo I have ever seen! This is exactly who they both are, shining bright.
Wedding day moped blast; Rosenort, Manitoba, 2010.


Happy party: Stef, Meg, my bride sis Erin, Sam; Rosenort, Manitoba, 2010.


Wedding on my parent's yard; Rosenort, Manitoba, 2010.


Erin's impeccable taste in party tent form; Rosenort, Manitoba, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. The first photo is romantic. They look so sweet. Congratulations to the couple.
    -Honeymoon registry

    ReplyDelete