Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ana Bananicka Bolicka Walicka.

Yesterday I went to the thrift store in hopes of finding a cache of clothes for my planting job that starts at the beginning of May. I came home with an armload of amazing gear. Inspired to dress for outdoor exercise in my new/old finds, I pumped my tires and put on my helmet (which I have worn every single day this winter thankyouverymuch) and hopped on my sparkling beloved and went for a twenty mile ride to the park and back, stopping at Grant Park and McNally to pick up pictures and then to Bar I for coffee on my way home. Solid start to the day. Nothing gets me going more than ripping in traffic, nodding to other riders just as psyched as I am that the streets are finally dry enough to ride on with slicks without facing death every time you weave in between lanes.

There is not much to report today. I have having lunch with my old high school chum, Jon Dueck who is an accountant and has a grown up job. With that in mind, he can still drink me under the table and today is his turn to buy lunch. We always eat at the same table at Stella's. Good man. On that note, I should shower and wear something more appropriate than tights-as-pants. Gross. I walked into Bar Italia today in my cycling outfit and as usual Abi thought I was a dude. EVERY TIME. This morning, the nostalgic station played the song "Chickery Chick Tra La Tra Lee" that my Grandma taught me when I was really little. I think that song was first recorded in 1946. I started singing along while cleaning my bike and all of the sudden I jerked my head towards the record player where it was playing out of and said "Ohhhhhhhhh, Grandma!". Love you Helen, Helen, Helen.

Anna Bananica Bolica Walica can't you see? Chickery Chick is me.
Rebecca Louise, I miss you SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment