Thursday, December 3, 2009

Butter light.

Morning bells. Light poured into my home this morning like a flood of butter and I was nudged awake into the day by a combination of my Grandma's voice and the glorious light. Morning Grandma. That woman is a good woman. Yesterday I told someone (Lisa, I think) that if I would have been born in the thirties, Helen and I would have been the best of friends. That is nice to know. Grandma, thank you for saving my behind this morning. I will not be evicted because of that woman.

Today feels good.

I am thinking of Rags and Gracie's grace and Willy's will and the way their road looked as Rags sailed past it on the train headed for the mountains. I am thinking of heading for the mountains myself and wish I could go with Rags herself. Or maybe it will be the prairies. Or wherever Liza is. My goal at the beginning of this year was to visit my own country as much as possible. We will have to wait and see. At this point, I am going no where fast. That is okay too.

Nothing new to report other than the usual missing of all the usual suspects and the usual joy that comes from the simple waking up in pretty light. Being happy is nice.

Be nice today.

Off to Martha Street to draw at the light table with Jeanette and Drex. Oh, it is officially winter in Winnipeg. Last night I went for a long bicycle ride on the way home from my job. It was late and there was not a vehicle in site. I forgot how much fun winter cycling is. Skid central. I love my Winnipeg.

Adios. Gotta draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment