Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mystery connoisseur.

"A man may fulfill the object of his existence by asking a question he cannot answer, and attempting a task he cannot achieve," mused 19th-century author Oliver Wendell Holmes. Advice that wild could just as well have been dispensed by a feral saint living in a cave in the woods. And now I'm passing it on to you, Aries, just in time for the beginning of what may be your wildest year in a decade. In my astrological opinion, you are ready to be a connoisseur of mysteries that purify the mind and nurture the soul . . . a daredevil of the spirit in quest of seemingly impossible dreams . . . a fierce adept of the wisdom of uncertainty who's in love with unpredictable teachings.

JJ sent the excerpt above to me this morning. Just what the doctor ordered. When I got to work there was coffee waiting for me and a sleeping boy (very rare). I happily settled into my usual nesting spot at Leo's table with my Cafe Olympico delight and a hot bowl of Virginie's (Leo's mama) sage and squash gnocchi leftover from last night. Good morning to me. Leo woke laughing in his little bed. I could hear him clapping through the walls. Sweet boy.

Yesterday, opting not to take the stroller, Leo and I went for a walk walk down St. Viateur to visit Lo on Parc. I couldn't believe how many people actually stopped in their tracks along the way to laugh at my tiny companion. It took so long to get there (a four minute saunter that took 15) but so worth it. Toddling little legs. To seen Leo from behind, one would guess that he is two or so, but up close, it is clear he is still a really little guy. Baby in big body, it is hysterical. By the time we walked there and back, he was pooped and ready for nap numero deux! Genius. I love finding new ways to tire my squire. Oh my goodness I love this boy.

In other Margot news, I am moving AGAIN. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. I know! I just moved three weeks ago from Mile End to Outer Mountain, Quebec and it is just plum too far. So I am moving back to Mile End, it is where I want to be. Lo offered me a coveted spot in her home on Clark so that is that. It feels really nice to be excited about moving! This is a good step in the right direction.

And speaking of les bebes, how cute is this wee girl? Taken without permission from somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment